Zebra (Year 6)
Welcome to Year 6 Zebra Class!
Zebra Class are taught by Mrs Adams on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday mornings and Mrs Lomax on Thursday afternoons and Fridays. We are very lucky to have Mrs Cripps and Mrs Barton, our wonderful teaching assistants, also supporting the class.
We really want the children to be happy and enjoy school, particularly in their last year here at Lunsford. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we will do our best to help.
Autumn Term 1
Our English text for this term is 'The London Eye Mystery' by Siobhan Dowd.
In Maths we will focus on arithmetic skills, problem solving and reasoning through a number of different topics, including calculating with the four operations; prime, square and cube numbers; comparing, ordering, simplifying, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions.
Our other topics are:
Science - Animals including Humans: The circulatory system, digestive system, diet, exercise and lifestyle.
History - The Maya
Design and Technology - Design and make Modroc Maya masks
Computing - Systems and Networks
French - Clothing
PE - PASS PE with Mr Dickinson (Monday) and Kent Cricket Coaching (Tuesday)
Meet the Teacher 2022
Maths and Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar Glossaries
- https://ttrockstars.com/ - Please ask if you cannot remember your login.
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/maths/primary-maths-age-10-11-year-6/ - Clear breakdown and explanation of what children learn in year 6 with activities and suggestions for how to help at home, some printable sheets and game ideas.
- http://www.snappymaths.com/year6/ - Range of different worksheets to complete.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ A free e-book library for all primary age children.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ A free game for children who would benefit from additional practice of phonics, segmenting and blending.
- https://schoolreadinglist.co.uk/reading-lists-for-ks2-school-pupils/suggested-reading-list-for-year-6-pupils-ks2-age-10-11/ A list of books recommended for 10 and 11-year-olds. If required, look at both the year 5 and year 7 lists for decreased or increased ability.
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/reading-age-10-11-year-6/ - Clear breakdown and explanation of what children learn in year 6 (comprehension and word reading) with activities and suggestions for how to help at home, some printable sheets and additional websites to use.
Writing and spellings, grammar and punctuation (GPS)
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/english/primary-english-year-6-age-10-11/ - Clear breakdown and explanation of the spelling, punctuation and grammar learnt in year 6 with suggestions for how to help at home, some printable sheets and game ideas.
- https://www.pobble365.com/ - Fantastic resources for creative writing with questions relating to a daily image.
- - A wide range of resources to complement creative writing.