Koala (Year 4)
Welcome to Year 4 - Koala Class!
The class are taught by Mrs Adams on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings and by Mrs Lomax on Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays and Fridays. The class are supported by Mrs Jacobs.
If you have any concerns or queries at any point, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we are always happy to help!
Autumn Term Topics
English The Lost Happy Endings / Varjak Paw
Science Sound / Animals Including Humans
PE In addition to our lessons with our PE Specialist teacher, Mr Dickinson, this term the class are learning about fitness.
- Homework will be sent home on a Thursday to be returned to school the following Tuesday. The children should complete their work in their homework book.
- Homework will be either arithmetic practice or reading comprehension. All homework is discussed with the children before they take it home. However, if your child is unsure what to do, please encourage them to ask us for help before it is due in.
- Times tables are of vital importance and regular practice is key. Please continue to play TT Rock Stars and other times table games regularly at home. The children’s login details are inside their homework book.
- The children should all be reading regularly at home, particularly if they are not extremely confident readers. Both more and less confident readers should be discussing their reading with an adult to develop their comprehension and discussion skills and filling in their reading records with comments about what they are reading. The children are welcome to bring in a suitable reading book from home if they wish.
- Please see the class website and your child’s homework book for more details about spelling in Year 4.
- PE days are Monday (Mr Dickinson) and Wednesday. Please ensure all kit is named and children have appropriate footwear. Trainers and jogging bottoms are acceptable for outside PE. Girls who choose to wear tights in colder weather should keep a pair of socks in their PE bag. Earrings must be removed during PE lessons. If your child cannot take out their own earrings please do so at home before coming in to school.
- Please make sure your child has an apron for painting and DT. An old oversized shirt or t-shirt is perfect for this!
- Library day is Monday. If your child has any outstanding library books from last year, please make sure they are returned to school.
Many thanks for your ongoing support, we are looking forward to a great year!