Family Liaison Officer
Family Liaison Officer (FLO) - Mrs Amy Taylor
Email address - email@example.com
Phone number - 07552 045390
I’d like to introduce myself as the Family Liaison Officer for Lunsford Primary School.
My role will be to promote the wellbeing and education of the children who attend this school, and in the process provide support and understanding to their families, as well as liaison between them and the school.
Communication is key, and I encourage both you and your children to talk to me about any subject that may be causing concern, and I will endeavour to provide support, advice and guidance where possible.
You are welcome to speak to me in person or over the phone, or even just send me an email or text message. I will be the friendly face, the ear to listen and the shoulder to cry on. Along with the entire staff at Lunsford Primary School I would like you and your children to see the school as a safe and friendly environment, not only to learn and grow, but to share concerns and receive appropriate support.
I have 18 years’ experience in child and adult safeguarding, and public protection. However, I do not purport to know everything, and will always liaise with or refer to more experienced colleagues and partner agencies when needed, to ensure you are provided with the best and most appropriate advice and support.
The support I am able to assist with:
- Signposting to local organisations, local charities and partner agencies
- Strategies to manage children’s behaviour
- Support with family breakdowns
- Support for families in meetings with the school
- Help with attendance and punctuality
- Bereavement support
- Early Help assessments/referrals
- School health referrals for emotional and wellbeing support
Additionally, I will regularly update the school website with links and contact details to support services that may be of assistance.
My current FLO working day is Tuesday, please don’t hesitate to come and speak to me. Alternatively, please contact me on the email address or on my mobile phone below .
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my contact phone number is 07552 045390. Please feel free to contact me by phone call, text message, WhatsApp and/or email. If I am unavailable at the time, I will endeavour to respond as soon as I am able.
Should you need to speak to someone during the rest of the week when I am unavailable, please contact
Mr Anscombe (Head Teacher), Mrs Lomax (Deputy Head Teacher) or Mrs Davies (SENCO).
I look forward to working for you all.
Useful information & links to support resources:
The below information is to provide quick access to public services and charities who may be able to support you, your child and your family and will be updated from time to time with new or additional resources.
Should you or anyone you know have safeguarding concerns for a child or family then you should report it to Children's Integrated Services on 03000 41 11 11, the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 or Childline on 0800 1111.
If you or someone else is risk of imminent harm or a crime is being committed then you should call Kent Police on 999, and for non-emergencies call 101.
Food Banks – The Trussel Trust - https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/ - food banks, food vouchers and food parcels
Parent Kind - Advice and support for you and your child with their education - https://www.parentkind.org.uk/
- Woodlands Children's Centre - Woodlands Childrens Centre, Chapman Way, East Malling, West Malling, Kent, ME19 6SD
- Snodland Youth and Children's Centre - Holmesdale School Site, Malling Road, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5JG
- Burham Children's Centre - Burham Children's Centre, Bell Lane, Burham, Rochester, Kent, ME1 3SY
- West Borough Children's Centre - Greenway (off Queens Road), Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8TL
- Howard de Walden Children's Centre - Bluett Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 2UG
- Eastborough Children's Centre - Vinters Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5DX
- Sunshine Children's Centre - Stagshaw Close, Postley Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6TL
- Greenfields Children's Centre - Rutland Way, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 8DR
- The Meadow Children's Centre - Furfield Close, Park Wood, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9JR
Family Lives - https://www.familylives.org.uk/advice - advice on all aspects of family life from bonding with your new baby, dealing with tantrums, positive discipline, bullying, communicating with teens and divorce and separation - 0808 800 2222, email email@example.com
Citizen’s Advice Bureau - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ - benefits, work, debt, housing, law and courts, immigration and health
Housing – Kent Home Choice - https://www.kenthomechoice.org.uk/choice/content.aspx?pageid=1
West Kent Housing - https://www.westkent.org/about-us/
Golding Homes - https://www.goldinghomes.org.uk/about-us
CAFCASS – Legal matters regarding children when parents separate/divorce - https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/
CHILDREN'S MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH
ELSA - Emotional Literacy Support Assistants - https://www.elsa-support.co.uk/
NSPCC - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Help for adults concerned about a child; call us on 0808 800 5000
- Help for children and young people; call Childline on 0800 1111
- PANTS, the underwear rule - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/support-for-parents/pants-underwear-rule/
KOOTH - https://www.kooth.com/ - online mental wellbeing community; free, safe and anonymous support
Kent Resilience Hub - https://kentresiliencehub.org.uk/ - Supporting young people to cope better with the pressures of everyday life
Mood Spark - https://moodspark.org.uk/ - young people aged 10-16 can learn how to look after their emotional and mental health and find ways to help them bounce back when life gets tough
ERIC - https://www.eric.org.uk/ - Children’s Bowel and Bladder charity
CYMPHS/NELFT - Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services/North East London NHS Foundation Trust - https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-kent-medway
Dandelion Time - https://dandeliontime.org.uk/ - Dandelion Time gives children and families time and space to love and trust again, time to heal from emotional trauma and abuse, time to rebuild confidence and strengthen relationships, and time to develop skills and aspirations for a brighter future - families take part in practical farm and craft activities in which they engage with the natural world and processes, bringing therapeutic and developmental benefits whilst families enjoy being together in a relaxed supportive environment
Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk/ - call 0800 1111
Hollie Guard – Personal safety app for your/your children’s phone - https://hollieguard.com/
Project Salus - https://salusgroup.org.uk/ - 01303 817470
KCC Children’s Integrated Services (Early Help & Social Services) - Central Referral Unit (Front Door) - 03000 41 11 11
EARLY HELP (West Kent) –
- Maidstone - 03000 42 23 40 - MaidstoneEarlyHelp@kent.gov.uk
- Tonbridge and Malling - 03000 42 15 76 - EarlyHelpNotificationT&M@kent.gov.uk
- Tunbridge Wells - 03000 41 62 00 - TunbridgeWellsEarlyHelp@kent.gov.uk
Holding On Letting Go - https://holdingonlettinggo.org.uk/
Slide Away - https://www.slideaway.org/
Winston’s Wish - supports bereaved children, young people, their families and the professionals who support them - https://www.winstonswish.org/about-us/
NCDV – National Centre for Domestic Violence - https://www.ncdv.org.uk/
- Call 0800 970 2070
- Text NCDV to 60777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic Abuse and Violence Emergency Legal Protection
Live Well Kent - https://livewellkent.org.uk/service/domestic-abuse/ (Choices) - 0800 917 9948
Domestic Abuse Services in Kent - https://www.domesticabuseservices.org.uk/
- Call 0808 168 9111
Rising Sun - http://www.risingsunkent.com/
- Service for both parents and children
GALOP – Support for the LGBT+ community - https://galop.org.uk/
Mankind - https://www.mankind.org.uk/ - DA support for men - 01823 334244
Respect (for DA perpetrators) - https://respectphoneline.org.uk/ - 0808 802 4040
Victim Support - https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/ or call 0808 168 9111