Eco Society aim to meet at least once a small term to discuss anything relating to nature and the environment! There are two children from each class nominated, alongside a year 6 Chair and Secretary.
Term 4 Minutes (21st March 2022)
Children from each year group brought ideas from their classes about what could be completed in Eco Society. These are the following:
- More bins situated around the school;
- Planting seeds alongside Gardening Club;
- Litter pick;
- Creating new things from old rubbish (re-use and recycle);
- Recycling 'club';
- Assembly about nature;
- Non paper day;
- Non electricity day;
- Vegetable patch (explained that this wouldn't be suitable due to only being in the temporary accommodation for a year);
- Competition over Easter - up cycling and litter picking (competition winners get vegetable or fruit seeds to plant).
After a discussion, it was decided that we would focus on the highlighted bullet points this year, beginning with an assembly and a competition over Easter.
Green School Award, which we are going to apply for this year...
As a school, we currently hold the Green Tree School Silver Award: by achieving another five points, we should be able to gain the Gold Award this year!