Lion (Year 3)
Spellings to learn at home
Welcome to Lion Class!
I hope you all had a lovely relaxing summer holidays and are ready for the new school year! I am looking forward to our learning journey in Year 3!
Lion Class are taught by Miss Broadmore and Miss Wickison on Thursdays. We are supported by Mrs James (Monday- Friday) and Mrs Webb (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
If you need to speak to one of us, please contact us using Class Dojo or come and speak to us! We are always available at the beginning and end of each day.
This term in English we will be reading two books by Anthony Browne, 'Into The Forest' and 'Gorilla'. We will be exploring the use of illustrations and how they add meaning to the stories. We will be writing character and setting descriptions, writing in role as a character, writing letters, writing to persuade and writing speech ensuring we use inverted commas correctly!
This term Lion Class will be learning some new concepts as well as recapping Year 2 concepts:
Place Value- counting forwards/backwards to 1000, partitioning 3 digit numbers in different ways, identifying, estimating and representing numbers, counting in 50s and ordering numbers in ascending and descending order.
Addition and Subtraction- adding ones, tens and hundreds to 3 digit numbers. spotting patterns and learning to use column method to add and subtract.
Science- Animals Including Humans/Light
History- The Romans
Computing: Computing systems and networks
DT; Roman Shields
RE: What does it mean to be a Christian in Britain today?
PSHE: Being me in my world
PE: Swimming and Cricket
Lion Class Reminders
- Homework will be sent home on Thursday and is expected back in the following Tuesday. All work will need to be completed in homework books. If you are struggling with any part of the homework please pop a note on Class Dojo or in the homework book and I will discuss it with your child during the school day.
- Reading at home is very important and should be completed daily. All children should try to discuss their books with someone at home. Please make sure to record any reading in your child's reading record so that we can see their progress.
- This term we have swimming on a Wednesday. Please ensure hair is tied back and earrings are taken out. All swimming bags must be named too.
- This term we have Cricket on a Tuesday. All children need to be in school in their PE kit with hair tied back and earrings taken out.
- Forest School sessions will be posted on Class Dojo!
. Here are some websites that may be useful for learning at home.
www.twinkl.co.uk (lots of printable ideas and activities free at the moment)
www.whiterosemaths.com (great maths resources and learning clips for daily maths activities)
https://nrich.maths.org (great maths challenges)
www.topmarks.co.uk (spelling games)
Books for Year 3 children aged 7-8 | School Reading List (lots of good ideas for books)
Thank you, we are looking forward to a great year!