A school council is group of pupils who are elected to represent the views of all and who work hard to improve their school. Lunsford Primary School Council is made up of 14 members, including our Chairperson and School Council Secretary. We have regular meetings throughout the year.
Our role is to act as link between the children in our class, the School Council, the Senior Leadership Team and the Governors of Lunsford Primary School. As members of the School Council we have a special role in making sure that the children in our school have a voice and opportunities to evaluate and develop Lunsford, so that it continues to grow. Each member of the Council is elected through a democratic process, providing children with individual liberty to empower choices around their education.
School Council 2022 / 2023
- celebrations for the Kings Coronation
- mirrors for the pupil bathrooms
- playground equipment
- how to celebrate the King's coronation
- storage of playground equipment
- ideas for World Book Day
- the portkabins / school field
- people being careless with equipment
- World Book Day
- the school library
- the refurbished school building and any issues
- school clubs
- the move from the temporary buildings
Our first school council meeting: (October)
In our first meeting we:
- met each other.
- handed out school council badges
- discussed our topics for further meetings.