What is Sports Funding?
Sport Premium is a government funded payment aimed at improving and increasing the provision of PE in schools across the country. Each school will receive £8000 plus £5 per child between Year 1 and 6. Lunsford has been allocated £8,900 per year.
Please read the attached document below which comprehensively sets out our vision and impact of Sports Funding and PE provision at Lunsford Primary School:
How are we spending the PE funding?
We believe PE is a hugely important part of the curriculum and we pride ourselves on offering children many opportunities to get involved in sport, both during and after school. This funding has enabled us to employ the services of outside agencies and a specialist PE teacher to come into the school and provide High Quality PE and Sport sessions each week to all children.
We have employed the services of a local company PASS Ltd (Physical Activity & Sports Specialists) set up in conjunction with the Maidstone School Sport Partnership Network as we know that the expertise, drive and energy, of the team, will allow us to deliver some of the above and, equally importantly, will provide training for teachers to enable them to become more confident in the delivery of day to day aspects of PE. This will ultimately impact the children through higher quality, sustainable PE teaching and ensure our offer to all children is fun, active and engaging.
The funding has also been used to supplement our active play equipment.
What will the impact of this funding be for our school?
• All pupils from YR to Y6 will receive one hour per week of team teaching alongside a professional sports coach.
• We have decided to provide the extra funding to enable our YR pupils to take part in the weekly activities. The government funding is only available from Y1.
• Our staff will receive one hour per week of professional development in order to enhance their own PE teaching.
• Pupil will be provided with a PE timetable which will encourage and enhance their physical skills. These skills will be formatted to provide a natural progression from YR to Y6.
• Pupils showing exceptional skills in an area of the PE curriculum will be provided with links to professional outside sports agencies.
• The PE lessons provide pupils with the opportunity to practice all sports skills including football, basketball, gymnastics, hockey, dance and athletic games.
• Pupils will have the opportunity to take part in local sports day events involving friendly competition between local schools.
• Pupils will have the opportunity to attend after school clubs of football, netball and multi-sports.